9.04.2024

I'm depressed

 Why does Japan get the most immersive video games? I understand that video games originate from Japan. It's not like Japanese society is the only society that needs escapism and is yearning for a safe, comfortable and affirming place to just exist, though. There's such a abundance of affirmation in Japanese media and it can honestly feel like Japan is the best place to seek it out depending on who you are or what are you looking for when you need to feel supported with your own identity, or something.

I felt inspired by my own lines to make a game that had a Caribbean or tropical theme, just like how a lot of Japanese rhythm games have a Japanese cultural theme to them, not just that existing because the game is for Japanese only audiences, usually. When there are unknown aspects to something, it can feel isolating especially when there's something in there that resonates with you, but I guess that's part of the best part of life sometimes - mystery and discoveries.

So with that being said, I might return to becoming a game dev. There was a rhythm game idea I received in 2021, but I believed making the graphics could be really difficult. I will try again soon, maybe next year because college is starting for me again soon.

Anyway, thank you for reading this.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

mushi-p - ずっと迷子 (lost whole life) (english lyrics)

I'm lost, I'm lost, I'm losing my way Even if I search for it, I can't find it Even if I call out, there's no re...