9.04.2024

☘️have i outgrown animal crossing: new leaf?

    :: i think it's about time that i can finally start to write about this.

everyone on the internet praises animal crossing, specifically new leaf for being such a organized and relaxing game. however, i remember time to time again when i was feeling depressed and tried to get into it, but the game became more of a burdening feeling rather than give me peace. the music felt irritating rather than relaxing and i would sign off in the next 5 minutes. i feel like the relaxing tone can only reach you if you're willing to be productive, not in a video game sense, but in general. that game has you do manual label work. you have to go to the salon to fix your bedhead, not manually or at home, you have to pull out every weed that happens to bloom in the ground and so on.

i think new horizons might be more depression friendly. the lighting is awfully realistic. it's funny how things i disliked when i was younger grows onto you. i hated eating a abundance of american chinese food, and i despised new horizons, and preferred playing new leaf a whole lot more. now, i love american chinese food and would eat it anytime, and i prefer new horizons over new leaf.

i might've gotten more hours in new horizons than new leaf, but going onto my next point, how the game is finished really means a lot, to be honest. there is no other way new leaf can be polished better, in my opinion? especially if i was on the dev team. 

new horizons doesn't really get to me when it comes to making me feel burdened when i'm depressed. nintendo finally realized they needed a game in the series where villagers don't just disappear, and the player is free to do a lot of things with a lot of quality-of-life components, such as fixing your hair at home and other things. it adds to the realism aspect of it, but not too intensely. you can control whenever villagers leave your island or not, so that's good. i'm trying to get more comfortable with the island concept.

i don't know when i'll play that game again due to my joycon just freezing up on me and drifting away. 

so yes, now as of september 4, 2023, i wholeheartedly believe that new horizons is better than new leaf.

i'm going to look into other games to spend my time on. i already looked into fashion dreamer and i hope to get it for the holiday season. 

bye bye booo

-- Nanami

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

mushi-p - ずっと迷子 (lost whole life) (english lyrics)

I'm lost, I'm lost, I'm losing my way Even if I search for it, I can't find it Even if I call out, there's no re...