9.04.2024

Criticism soup is good(?) for the human soul?

 Alright. I got criticized by a storyboarder on my manga. I appreciate everyone's feedback, but I need a more casual, and a more different perspective on my work. I admit some feelings were hurt during the exchange, but I want to fulfill the potential of this story as much as possible. 

I just hope that I won't get too tattered in the process.

I do admit that I'm having a bit of an existential crisis when it comes to being a creative person, now. They recommended me to learn human anatomy. I could always study more of it, you could never get enough, especially as an artist. 

I feel stupid, to be honest. The reason why I didn't go through with dedicating myself to learning human anatomy is because a lot of the art that inspired me were cartoons and anime. If you really think deeply about it, anime is just a more stylistic approach to humanity because of the eyes, and the simplified hair. Humans in the real world have so many strands of hair, while anime characters have a few notable ones here and there..

I also feel a little silly because my life focus has always been unbalanced, but I guess that helps you find yourself as a person, especially because I'm an adolescent person. I can't help but worry or even consider that my entire life as a creative person, I've been wasting time just because I wasn't designing the next big product for me, or something. I never really got to make money off of my art besides for virtual currency. I wish I had a more supportive family that cared for my passions and actually helped me think seriously about my work, but I've been doing this all by myself, my entire life. My family doesn't care for my art at all.

The person also said that the story was all over the place. To be honest, I started a timeline document, but it's still a work in progress. I was sort of going along it as it goes, so that the fans and writer friends could give me some ideas.

However, they recommended me to write it as a novel first. I will try my best to write it as a novel because it could give me more and more ideas to flesh out the manga, honestly. I don't want to rely too much on my supporters for ideas, the pride is sourced from the fact that you made it all yourself..

So I guess that's it.

Bye-bye

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!

Pastel Rascals -- Yin & Yang car