8.17.2024

ストライプのジェラシー

 Alternative title: Why can't I find myself completing Pretty Cure?

I'm trying to watch Heartcatch Precure, and I even have a few merchandise pieces from that franchise in general. A lot of things stick out to me, though. It's not the art style, that's so beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

I feel like the show might be too easy-going and optimistic for me. After I graduated elementary school, no, ever since my third year in elementary school, life was difficult for me in terms of socialization and other problems, like bullying and my general health. I couldn't make long-term friends compared to my other classmates no matter what, and I was dealing with body image problems. 

I feel like the vibe of the show doesn't match my life, at all. I was deeply unhappy and depressed during those days. No wonder this show is sort of targeted to people in their early childhoods. I'll explain more below. I feel like if I got into pretty cure at that time, I would be more excitable but even more sensitive than how I originally was, and that wouldn't be okay due to a chance of being bullied and harassed. 

I desperately want to get into Pretty Cure to understand all the lore and draw the pretty character designs, but I just can't find myself focusing on even one episode. I guess it's no wonder that they don't localize this series in English, like at all. It's catered to Japanese children. Generally, I sense that children have a sense of trust in their parents that their entire life is going to be okay going forward as long as they hit specific standards, such as having high grades or behaving. In Japan, you have these cartoons that protect the ideal of childhood, and girlhood, normalization of school uniforms, shining a light on emotions that tend to be suppressed, and other things. We don't have that here in America, at all. I had a few magical girl concepts, admittedly but for some reason to another, I'm not working on them right now. I guess I should, to save American girls!!!!!

A lot of people are envious of Japanese people without really outwardly expressing it. I guess people have just accepted that is how society works. People used to say online when it came to video games, "Japan always gets the good things". Nintendo has made it's games more accessible and available worldwide, but there's just a language barrier. 

I guess on the flip side, a lot of people would say that this show gives them escapism probably because they were in a similar school system that the main characters go through, and have somewhat of a mundane routine and schedule they go through on the weekdays. That's how I realized how some people related to Madoka Magica.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!

Life & Anime

 It's finally October, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.  So watching some Umaru has changed my life for the better, I believe. Umaru's lazy hab...