7.28.2024

I'm not sure if I should watch Code Geass

 It seems like Evangelion for.. British people. There has been this ongoing silly meme online about how certain anime characters don't like British people, and the only reason that made me feel uncomfortable is because that it's a mischaracterization and they keep projecting their personal opinions and values onto innocent anime characters who may be neutral at best when it comes to topics like that. It ruins someone's first impression of that character, and I don't really care if one may say that I'm being too serious.

My first impressions was that it was a much beautiful 2010's Precure show, judging by the art style and the animation style, so I was admittedly going to keep watching it to see how far it'll go with that, but I quickly became disappointed and wanted to leave the moment they started to talk about Great Britain. I also found the green haired character pretty breathtaking, but I wanted more of a context.

It's because my grandmother's island was colonized by them. I don't want to support Japan being in treat of Britain because my family had already experienced a real life threat from them. I really like Japan, but I need to learn more about its politics.. I enjoy it's culture and pop culture in general. I don't want to force myself to watch something that makes me uncomfortable, especially because it's not for a academic setting so I'm going to drop it for now.

I don't think there's anyone or anything that can make me turn around what I think right now.

That's it, bye.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Kanani