7.28.2024

I like Aikatsu!

I think Aikatsu is truly a unique and wonderful anime. The clothing designs are absolutely adorable, so the character designers and all the artists involved are truly talented. I adore the 8-bit instrumental as well. 

It's just that, it feels like almost as if the Aikatsu team was inspired by Oshare Majo Love & Berry, the video game to create this anime. I see almost no other real world connection to this show than that. Let me explain.

In OMLAB, you need to acquire cards that are representative of an outfit (shoes, clothing) and/or hairstyles to heighten your performance in the rhythm game. I think it heightens your character's confidence as they dance. They don't necessarily plan to be idols like the Aikatsu girls, it's just that it seems like they are dancing for the fun of it, so that's a sweet sentiment. (I fully understand I need to brush up on my Japanese...). 

It feels like the girls of Aikatsu are just being idols just because they could, and they're already leading such happy, harmless and carefree lives with their only responsibility being school and catching concerts on time. Compared to ZLS (Zombieland Saga), those girls are trying their best to become idols due to the novelty and the rare 0.0001% chance of their existence. They had a lucky manager to "exploit" their existence, although they don't mind because it's better than being deceased..forever (?). 

So yeah.. that's it for now. I still like Aikatsu, I just need to be cautious when I'm looking for merchandise to buy. I feel like this was the perfect anime I needed in my elementary school years to stop feeling so depressed, lol. It's almost like my soul was searching for something Japanese and "kawaii" to obsess over but I couldn't really find anything besides Cinnamoroll from the Sanrio universe and Moshi Monsters (Which is British). 

That's it for now. 

Bai-bai

-- Mod Kirari & Mod Nanami

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Kanani