8.05.2024

thoughts on powapowa-p/siinamota

i discovered his music in 2012, on a youtube recommendation spree. i first discovered the music video for strobe light. it calmed me down and made me feel grateful for the simple life that was bestowed to me, especially because i was around seven i discovered this.

a few years past, and that was the only song i knew of him until 2015. i discovered "please give me a red pen" around the time his death was unfortunately announced. the internet felt smaller back then, people that were in the right circles were only informed of certain things, and there was no overabundance of outsiders peering in. anyways, i felt depressed by this news. the person that produced that special song to me was no longer a part of this working, breathing and thriving world. i couldn't do much as i was 10 years old then.

a few years later, i ended up being ghosted by my first online boyfriend. it seems powapowap's music was just waiting for me to return because it deeply comforted me with its themes of uncertainty in relationships and craving affection in a sense, but powa's music is much more beautiful, sentimental and vast than those themes i've seen to pick up on.

i feel inspired to compose music nowadays. i forgot to mention that i was able to pick up "kokegane no uta" a few years ago, in 2019. i felt really grateful to own it ^w^

i hope powapowa-p is happy wherever he may be now.  he was one of the artists that defined my middle school years, along with weezer and a few others, suprisingly. so i'm grateful i had myself back then and i wasn't afraid to be alone to my own devices. life is truly a gift, otherwise if i didn't have my middle school days, i wouldn't be able to listen to powapowa-p, grow and heal.

thank you for reading.

p.s. is it silly i had a crush on him growing up? i just thought due to the song content, he could understand how i feel, even though he's no longer with us.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!

Pastel Rascals :: Skylar

   Nicknames: Sora is a member of the Pastel Rascals. Her aesthetic is Tenshi Kaiwai/Cyber Angelcore. Age: 18 Species: Human Appearance: Hei...