8.30.2024

❀ my introduction to pixiv ❀

hi. so i finally bit the pocky stick and joined pixiv. i actually made a account before a long time ago, but i will delete it because it's old, and i just favorited art, i think. 

i was hesitant in joining it because it seemed like a safe place for Japanese people to share their art and i didn't really want to ruin nor intrude on anything. around the time i discovered it and started thinking about it seriously,  i was using deviantart and i actually had a handful of supporters on there, so i didn't want to leave that site. 

i'm looking for a mainstream art website to join, so i hope that i can have fun with pixiv and if there is any rude people, deal with them accordingly. i find the handdrawn art pretty comforting to be honest, the ones i see drawn traditionally because it reassures me that i don't need to have a digital art masterpiece to be recognized as a artist. also, the art i favorited/liked has a certain charm, lol.

well, i hope to find true happiness on pixiv.

i also want to stress that it's really important to distribute your art accordingly and in a organized matter when it comes to sharing it online. you need to know your art websites fairly well to make sure you're not really running into trouble. that's how you meet the right people, i think. so i'm trying to be less shy and just share more of my art accordingly in the best way possible, to hopefully meet kind supporters, and no, i'm not just thinking of money, i genuinely would appreciate a audience for my work.

i guess it's a good thing that i abandoned instagram because pixiv seems to be the perfect place in general for my art, because my original art style is really 90% anime-leaning, 5% cartoon-ish and 5% realistic. i shouldn't have overlooked it, but my art became more serious and consistent, and finally gained more of a identity of it's own during my final year of high school, that was in 2022. my instagram page was a unintentional clone of my stalker's page to be honest with you all. i just wanted to post whatever made me feel satisfied to make people interested in me, feel happy. ;.; 

i honestly detest instagram for art because people love to be heavily inspired on there without a care. i also got more untraceable views on insta than on pixiv. it's helpful that you can see how many people viewed your work on there.. so i will try sharing my manga on there! blindly! just kidding, i will try to do some research.

also,  i might make a english guide video of how to use pixiv.  

i hope it's not too late to use pixiv. it'll suck if it plans to close down soon. i will be taking it seriously, but not too much because i never thought i'd have a chance in immersing in the japanese artistic world seriously, even though i understand some of the common thematics within it. i need to give myself more of a chance, especially now that i find myself becoming something sort of a mangaka now, with my boyfriend.

okay, that's it. thank you for reading my thoughts.

- mod cassandra

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Kanani