8.22.2024

I quit Instagram

 I know this might sound ridiculous, but I hate Instagram. It's a place where "models" (aka passionate people with too much free time) copy and echo off each other's "originality". People don't give credit where credit is due, and people end up making fun of others, and if you're unlucky, you fall down a pithole of drama that either is your fault 100% or is your fault 0%. I just feel disappointed and embarrassed, because I thought I would receive more support, or something. I know that I'm not entitled for likes, views or anything from other people's time but is it okay to say that I'm disappointed?

I just hoped I can gather a place of love and warmth from people online, it's nothing like "I need to try harder" or something. I guess I was inspired by the living dolls and people who post theirselves in lolita fashion the most. I used to think that people that posted pics of  theirselves in said fashion were being a bit vulnerable, but now the dresses and the parasols are the woman equivalent to armor and a shield. People can't hurt you besides with their lame insecurities because they cannot look inside of theirselves. 

I cannot afford said fashion right now though, and people just love to criticize others that buy more affordable pieces than the hyper-expensive pieces. I like consuming it and researching it.

I just thought and hoped that people would like me. I gathered a maximum of 71 followers, and my goal was 500 followers. I guess I could come back some other time but I truly cannot stand people that are heavily inspired by me. I'm a bit concerned that I might even be too old for Instagram, because there was a certain excitement of people that you went to high school with, seeing you in a different way than how you were in school, such as wearing really awesome clothes and a new hairstyle/color, something I never got to experience thanks to how nightmarish my life is with my "loving and supportive" parents. 

I don't know what to do, and my net idol journey is a mess, but there's nothing like starting over that could help me. I guess Melody Wu is just one of my original characters/musical personas. I don't want to give up just because some insecure loser online believes that life may be better without me around in the same platform they're using. I still have my music channel, though. I feel like I moved away from the concept of snow and everything, after seeing how many ideas had to be transformed into other things.

So yeah. Instagram is not the place for me to unload all of my creativity on all at once. It's my blog, or a better art website than DeviantART in the modern day. Definitely not Twitter. I need to try a interest check on Pinterest. I'm done with that place, and it's time for me to wrap up shop.

Bye-bye

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!

YOU WILL NEVER FORGET ME

 https://open.spotify.com/track/452ASKVqm4i7fvHevyBgF3?si=65ec195c113b4477