8.20.2024

Caribbean food is not sensory friendly

 I know some people might try to twist my words, and try to say that I'm somehow sounding racist or something against part of my own culture. I'm not. You are allowed to dislike parts of your own culture without hating it. 

Anyways, growing up, various Caribbean cuisine gave me a hard time. The seasoning was overly spicy to the point where it burnt your entire insides, and it was very unenjoyable. It overwhelms your entire mouth, and not in the good way. 

There's a lot of hard and inedible pieces in their many meals that feature chicken. You can't eat this food absent mindedly at all.

Then, the clove they put in seasoning disrupts the entire harmony of the entire meal, if there was any harmony. It's hard and rough tasting, and it really can ruin the meal if placed in the wrong position in the meal. 

I hated jerk chicken growing up because somehow half burnt food counts as a special cuisine. Whoever thought of that should be fired, or maybe they were angry when they created it. I don't see how half burnt food is acceptable anywhere. Otherwise, the combination of the "burnt" food and the BBQ sauce tastes pretty savory. 

With all of these terrible experiences and cuisines, I declare it not sensory friendly. Sensory friendly food can have seasoning too, it doesn't have to necessarily taste "plain". I guess some sensory food I can think of as a whole is potatoes, chicken nuggets, and pasta. I'm autistic, so that's why I used the term "sensory friendly".

That's it for now. I'm sure there are other meals from the Caribbean that aren't as dreadful. Maybe it's just half ass cooking, I don't know.

Anyways, goodbye.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!

YOU WILL NEVER FORGET ME

 https://open.spotify.com/track/452ASKVqm4i7fvHevyBgF3?si=65ec195c113b4477