8.18.2024

I miss my childhood II

 I've been watching a few boomerang bumpers just for quick nostalgia and to pass the time. I think I miss 2014 more than I realize. I need to collect a few more powerpuff girls things to heal.

I remember when they were airing the Powerpuff Girls movie. I remember getting a bag of microwavable popcorn, a cup of coca-cola and these chocolate wafers shaped in spheres named "Whoppers". I wanted to give myself an authentic movie experience because I couldn't get to see the actual movies in theaters. Even though the movie was distressing at times and not as lighthearted as I've hoped (I saw the movie 2 years prior this broadcast on Boomerang), it was a enjoyable experience. I tried to make my dad watch it with me, but he fell asleep..

I for one really appreciated boomerang. It made me feel like I was part of something I desperately wanted to be, and it gave me a definition and value. It was amazing to be introduced to all of those different shows, and those amazing yet creative stop motion animations used as bumpers. It really is a underrated gem, so I'm trying to get my hands on some promotional media and maybe I can make a video about it once I move away. It could be my own little series: Retro TV Artifacts, or something, hosted by me, cassandra-chan! =w= 0w0

- Mod Harmony

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hi there!
Please try to remain respectful and logical within the comments!